Monday, April 11, 2011

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)

I mentioned a couple posts ago that we had decided to purchase a farmshare/CSA for the Summer and Fall. We have officially sent our sign up information and deposit to Summit Spring Farms and are thrilled to be supporting them and reaping the benefits of what a CSA share has to offer. The thought of fresh, organic, and LOCAL fruits, veggies, and herbs for 20 weeks out of the year makes me swoon. I already have ideas and recipes floating around my head and can't wait for our first pick-up. They have so much to offer, and there are endless possibilities.

If you would like to learn more, check out Local Harvest  for more information about farms in your area. I strongly encourage supporting your local farmers and local agriculture. It's an amazing way to support your entire community and eat well.

I am looking forward to writing more about this experience as we get started (our first pick-up is expected to be in June) and sharing with you what we are learning and, the most important, what we are eating!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment